The Jedi Academy
|This article or section is in need of attention.|
|Please improve this article.|
The Jedi Academy is a community of Star Wars fans, with the purpose of teaching people to play Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast and Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy. Their website is http://www.thejediacademy.net. The Academy hosts a number of private servers, where the members can have fun and practice dueling, as well as attend classes to learn new skills. The goal of The Jedi Academy is simply "To help you become a better Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy player." The Academy has many different ranks.
- "The Jedi Academy is a collection of individuals who have a common interest in playing multiplayer Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast and Jedi Knight 3: Jedi Academy. We are a multi-national group that constantly strives to provide a friendly and respectful setting in which to learn the game.
We provide instruction primarily on lightsaber dueling technique, but also team-based and capture-the-flag strategies. The Academy holds numerous weekly classes that focus attention on specific aspects of the game, taught and assisted by Jedi Academy Trainers and Knights culled from our ranks.
The Academy also provides a collection of Forums to allow for the discussion of various aspects of Star Wars, Jedi Knight, and other miscellaneous topics."
- — DJ Sith
The Jedi Academy was concepted by JediSith999 when he posted on Lucasforums looking for a "Jedi Academy Training School" . The responses were fairly positive but the only suggestion he received was that he should consider joining a clan. Even in that thread, people had already began to collaborate knowledge and teach eachother new things.
Enthusiastic about the idea, he applied for webspace at jediknightii.net  and upon receiving a very positive response, saught the help of webmasters massadoobie and DJ Sith to build a website that would see instructors teach students, classes and padawans in an online school called "The Jedi Academy" .
- "I always wanted someone to train me, but nooone did, so I think it would be nice to train others. I hope JK2.net accepts the site. Im thinking this will be done within a month or so. So Im just hoping for the best and trying to get everything organized for you."
- — JediSith999, Founder
- "i do think it will help convert dozens, maybe hundreds, to the dork nation by giving them some pointers on how to play the game..."
- — massadoobie, Webmaster
- May 17th, 2002: The academy began accepting applications for the Jedi Academy Trainer rank. 
- June 2nd, 2002: A new database-driven site was produced. 
- June 11th, 2002: A new IRC channel #ja was created on irc.enterthegame.com. 
- June 14th, 2002: Student applications officially opened. 
- June 19th, 2002: The first rules page was constructed .
- June 20th, 2002: The first beta of the academy map was released. 
- June 26th, 2002: The first map was fully released. 
- July 1st, 2002: The ability to comment on news, servers, users and classes was announced and an IRC java applet was implemented. 
The site's developement continually grew as well as its student base (in other words, this is to be continued). Stay tuned for more history...
- "In the past year, we’ve seen the Academy grow from 3 dorks conning jediknightii.net out of webspace to 5 dorks on a council in charge of over 1600 students, 13 Teachers, and 16 Knights. We’ve seen the Academy move from a small niche in the Jedi Knight Community to a large, well-respected force throughout the web (We even have our own game coming out! :)) We hold 34 classes per week on 4 servers (although our Dutch server seems to be down at the moment, something which is being researched). And coming soon, I am proud to announce the acquisition of our own personal address, the URL of which will be announced when the site is ready to be transferred."
- — massadoobie, State of the Academy Speech, April 07 2003
The Jedi Academy provides instructional tutoring on dueling technique, team based game types, and everything in general that goes along with Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast and Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy. There are currently four Jedi Academy Trainers that teach different classes. The Jedi Academy Knight rank helps the Jedi Academy Trainers with class'. Both the Jedi Academy Trainer rank and the Jedi Academy Knight rank have a Padawan system for those who cannot attend classes or wish to work more closely and get one on one help.
Along with the teachings that they give, they also provide a nice atmosphere for anyone and everyone that comes across the servers.
See Jedi Academy Aurochs.
See Jedi Academy Ranks.
Hall of Fame
The Hall of Fame is for very deserving members of the academy that have provided a very fundamental contribution to its developement and is maintained by the Jedi Academy Council.
- Aeth S'kray
- AvALON D`Kana
- cHoSeN oNe
- Jacen LW Solo
- Jade Jedi
- Lightning Rod
- Mace Windu
- Not Whispy
- Roan Belouve
- Ruuk Haviser